Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We started off the Thanksgiving holiday by making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for our neighbors and delivering them. Then we headed up to Park City with my family and stayed in a house up there through Friday. We watched a lot of movies, sat in the hot tub, and ate a lot of good food. We hung out and relaxed a lot, it was a lot of fun. Thanks mom and dad! On Thanksgiving night, after we put the kids to bed, my mom and sisters and I went to the Park City outlets for the midnight madness sales. I scored 4 pairs of winter Gymboree jammies for the girls for just over $20. Then I went back to bed for 2 hours and got up to go to WalMart at 5 am with my sister. We got some more good deals there on toys and a big selection of $2 DVDs. I love all these crazy sales, and even more I love watching people go crazy over them. 'Tis the season! Last night we put up the Christmas tree and decorations. Madelyn had such a good time helping decorate the tree. It's hard to believe that we will be heading to Canada for Christmas in just 2 1/2 weeks. You have to love every minute of this time of year, because before you know it, it's here, and then gone again. Happy Holidays to everyone!

3 comments:

Jami and Family said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the holiday season but you are right, it comes and go before we know it! Fun that you are going to Canada for Christmas with Ty's family! Hopefully i'll get to see you before you leave!

Liz said...

Look at those new photos on the sidebar! The girls are darling in their holiday dresses! And Audrey is growing so quickly--I hardly recognize her.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, sounds rejuvenating! When do you leave for Canada? We come in the 14th and leave the 8th of Jan. I need to see you before we leave!! Let me know!