Saturday, January 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Today we had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple Open House with my family. Wow! It was absolutely beautiful or should I say stunning! This morning I told Madelyn, "We're going to see the new temple today." and she said, "Yes, and we're going to get married!" Not quite. When we got to our assigned church, we watched a video on the importance of temples. Then we boarded a bus that drove us to the temple. We walked all through it and then they took us in to a sealing room where they talked to us about eternal families and the importance of the ordinances that are performed in the temples. Next we were ushered through a heated tent to the LDS chapel nearby where they had cookies and bottled water along with missionaries to answer any questions along with beautiful pictures of Christ and other temples around the world. Finally we took the bus back to the church where we had parked. On the bus ride back Madelyn had to sit on a sister missionaries lap because it was so full and Ty was standing, and she was telling the sister, "When I get big like mom, I'm going to wear a white dress and get married in the temple. And when I turn eight, I'm going to get baptized." It's amazing what a two year old remembers. Anyway, what a neat experience to be in the Sealing Room with my little family and look through the mirrors and see us all together and know that we are eternal. I'm so grateful for my own sealing and temples that are so available to us. I encourage anyone who hasn't gone to go. It's amazing. Here's the link to reserve tickets...http://www.lds.org/reservations.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Jen, I need your chili recipe from the "Chili Cook-off".

dave&abby johnson family said...

I am so jealous!!! I am glad you were able to go and what a neat experience for Maddy. I was sad that we missed you in Utah, but glad you had a great time in Canada!! I will give you a call this week!!!

Sara and Company said...

We can't wait to go and it is so neat that we get to take our kids through. Will is so excited! We're hoping to get my brother-in-laws there while they are here in a few weeks. I think it would really open their eyes a little and allow in the spirit.

Marissa and Family said...

Looks beautiful. I was able to volunteer for the V.I.P luncheon and that was a really neat experience. I still haven't gone through the temple yet. We go this coming Saturday. I'm excited!