Friday, July 24, 2009

24th of July Evening

For the 24th of July, my dad is building a project up at Alta Ski Resort and wanted the family to go up there and have dinner at the midway lodge that he built a few years ago. So we drove up the steep, crazy road in 4x4 cars and parked at the lodge. My dad had brought up a bbq and some awesome steaks that we cooked up along with corn on the cob, potatoes, and fruit. It was the best steak dinner I've had in a long time, and probably the only one I'll ever have in the middle of a ski hill. My dad drove up a four wheeler from his job and we got to take turns driving around the mountain. It was absoutely beautiful. Ty and my dad went all the way to the top where the lake is. The kids had a lot of fun hiking around, four wheeling, and throwing rocks in the stream. We were so secluded up there and it felt like we owned the mountain. It was a really fun night.




1 comment:

The Hornberger's said...

hey it looks like you guys are having an eventful summer! we miss you!