Saturday, August 22, 2009

Two New Temples...One Weekend

Friday, Ty and I were able to go to the first session of the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple inside the temple, with my parents and my brother and his wife. My dad was the superintendent of the project of building the temple and so it meant a lot to him to watch the process from start to finish and finally dedicated. It was really neat to be sitting inside there knowing that President Monson and the general authorities were just down the hall. I was really glad I was able to attend and I can't wait to someday actually go there to do temple work. Then on Saturday, our ward (old ward now) went as a group to do an endownment session and go to lunch afterwards. I went alone because Ty had to go to the stake baptism and then he met me there and did initiatories. It is such a beautiful temple. It was really cool to actually be in the temple after I had been to the open house 6 months ago. I feel so blessed to live in Utah where we have so many temples all around us. It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Marissa and Family said...

Beautiful pictures. I love being surrounded by them too. It's so great to see them everyday and be able to go whenever we want.

Amber said...

It was great to be at the dedication with you guys..even if we did slip in last minute! :) We still need to go to Draper...what a great weekend you had!