Friday, April 25, 2008

Boredome...Homeade Playdough

Madelyn and I were both going a little stir crazy waiting for Ty to get home, so we whipped up a batch of homeade playdough. I got out her IKEA cookware and sat her at the table, and she had the best time, and even better, she sat there for almost an hour content as could be. For anyone interested, here is the recipe:
2 c. flour
1 c. salt
2 c. water
3 tsp. cream of tartar
2 Tbsp. oil
food coloring
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix color, water, and oil in pan. Add dry ingredients to water in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it pulls away from the sides. Dump out of pan and knead until soft. Store in refrigerator. Makes 12 good sized balls. (I halved the recipe for less).



5 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

What a great idea, thanks for the recipe on the playdough. I will have to try that.

How are you feeling? I can't believe the next time I see you will have two kids! So exciting!

The Airharts said...

Thats great that she had so much fun. I tried that with Hadley a few weeks ago and she just wanted to eat it. Maybe later.

Hilary said...

Gotta love the playdough. I'll have to try that recipe. The stuff you buy flakes apart and can be a wicked mess to clean up. Although sometimes I think it is totally worth the hour it gives me.

Holly said...

I found your blog, hope thats okay if I follow it. Now I'll finally get to know my neighbor better. Madelyn is sooooo cute! Playdough is the best! It can be a little messy at times but it is very entertaining and can give a mom a little time to work on a project of her own.

Jami and Family said...

That is a great idea, i'll have to try it when they get a little older!