Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well Deserved Night Out

+ = Great Night!

This last week was crazy! We spent Mother's Day driving in the car, coming home from our 1600 mile round-trip to Canada where we went to attend Grandma Fletcher's funeral, which was nice, but a long trip. While there, I found out I have an eye infection and can't wear my contacts for 2 weeks while I use an antibiotic drop, which then my glued-on-one-side glasses broke on the other side. So now my glasses are glued on both sides. I know, I'm a total nerd. I think though I could find $400 to go somewhere else than a new pair of glasses. Then Madelyn had her share of naughty little behaviors such as, drawing all over the computer screen with pen, dumping out half of a 30 oz. brand new can of formula into the wet sink and then mixing a whole spice container of poppy seeds into it, sucking on Audrey's pacifier multiple times, etc., etc. Audrey also had a rough week trying to get back on a schedule, then getting Bronchiolitis for the 2nd time and her 5th round of ear infections...we scheduled the ear tube surgery for June 2nd. So...finally last night Ty and I went out to dinner and a movie while my mom watched the girls, and we actually got to talk and be together without any interruptions. We went down to Gateway and ate at Biaggi's and saw "The Ghost of Girlfriend's Past". Yes, my husband is great and went to a chick flick with me. It was actually pretty good. So after a crappy week, the date definitely made up for most of it. Thanks for a fun night Ty, I love you!

7 comments:

Holly said...

I am glad your hard week had a good ending! Hopefully this new week won't be as challenging. Thanks for letting us borrow your Honda, it helped us out a lot.

Jami and Family said...

Wow, what a week! When it rains it pours i guess! At least you got a fun night out, that always seems to fix things! Hopefully I will see you tonight at movie night!

Kim Shirley said...

You really did have one rough week. I hope this week is better for you. I know our week started off nice with that nice warm batch of chocolate chip cookies. Thanks they were yummy.

Shandi Brown said...

No wonder it feels like I haven't seen you in a while. That is terrible about your mini van. What a good hubby to go to the chick flick:)

Amber said...

Jen I am SOO glad you went on a date! Dates are just too few and far between for us all! It was fun to be together this weekend!

Wendy said...

Man that sounds like a BAD week! Glad to know I'm not the only one with those. We do REALLY need to get together soon. Good luck with Audrey's surgery.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow, my friend! Poor Audrey! I hope all went well with the surgery now that I am writing on the 3rd day of June. I miss you and hope all is well with you. We are coming into town for like a month in July, I would love to play!