Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Long Summer's Day...

On Thursday, I had a doctors appointment that morning. Hurray, I'm actually dilating this time and we scheduled the induction with the hospital for the 14th. When I came home, we had a few hours to kill before we had to drop Madelyn off at my sisters to go up to girls camp for the bishopric dinner. We drove downtown to Ty's work and waited out front while he made a few calls to clients, then spontaneously we decided to ride TRAX in the free fare zone to Gateway since Madelyn loves trains. She was so excited about it. Then we had lunch at Costa Vida, got my ring cleaned at J. Brooks, which is just about too tight now with the swelling of pregnancy, and headed towards the fountains. Madelyn got sprayed right in the face while looking down at one; she had more fun watching the show with the music with her dad. Then I scored a pair of sunglasses at Forever 21 for $5.80. We rode the train back to Ty's work, dropped Madelyn off and headed up to Heber Valley Camp already tired. When we pulled up to the campgrounds Ty had to help me squeeze my tennis shoes on and tie them for me because I couldn't bend over, then we hiked down and then up another hill to eat dinner, then sit on a wooden bench for 2 hours listening to singing trees and speakers, which would have been lovely if I wasn't pregnant. I'm in YW's and was kind of sad when I found out that I couldn't go being pregnant, but after being there for dinner, talks, songs, desert and testimony meeting around the campfire until 11:30 pm, I was done! As soon as I got in the car, I ripped off my shoes, socks, and sweatshirt, lay my seat back, and turned up the AC for the drive home. What a day. I'm just surprised I didn't go into labor that night. Here are a few pictures from the downtown adventure.


10 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

YEAH, your dilating!!!! I can't believe you didn't go into labor either! I was expecting to read that as I was getting closer to the end of your post! Or at least some crazy contractions!! Can't wait to see you guys!!

Emily Call said...

How fun... days like that are the best! Oh, and finally an end in sight for the pregnancy and we get to meet cute baby #2.

Oh, and Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Hilary said...

Whoa, busy day! I can't believe you did all that with a baby just about ready to come!

The Airharts said...

Ahh, the pains...I totally understand how you feel. I went this morning to the dr and got a at to be induced for this friday!!! I go in at 7:30 on the 27th -I cant wait!!!! YEAH

Shandi Brown said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day!

The Shirley Family said...

I bet that feels nice to have you induction date set. Happy Birthday!! I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Patti Smith said...

Sounds like a fun day! It was great to see you yesterday. Good Luck in the next few weeks!

Valerie said...

hey jen! i finally made a blog! you are so crazy to be doing all of that! i bet madelyn had so much fun!!!

Shannon said...

Jenny!
Hi- it's Shannon Taylor Anderson. I was on my friend's blog, saw Doug & Jami's (Doug and I grew up in the same ward) and then I found your blog (swear we're all connected!) It sounds like you are doing really well. Congrats on your soon-to-be-born baby girl! Your family is beautiful :) Please tell your Mom "hi" for me! We have a blog too, it's
http://www.andersonfamilyof4.blogspot.com/
Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Shannon

Jami and Family said...

I am so excited that you set your date how crazy!! Well your day downtown sounded fun!