Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Angel Moroni is Up

Yesterday, Madelyn and I went with my mom to my dad's jobsite (the Oquirrh Mountain Temple) to witness the 30,000 lb. spire and the angel Moroni go up on the temple with the help of two cranes. Despite the long wait and the wind, it was a neat experience to be there when it all took place. There were several hundred people to witness it along with channel 2 news with reporters on the ground and in the air. Follow the link below to see reports of the excitement. http://www.kutv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx



4 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

That is so cool that you were bale to go out there and be apart of that!! See you soon good luck with the new baby!!

Valerie said...

how neat to have been there for that! i hope you're hanging in there! good luck with everything!!! & let me know if there is anything i can do for you guys! =)

The Airharts said...

Thats nice-not many people have pictures that close to the moroni. I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Kirkland's said...

Jen, it was SO great to see you that day! I'm sure you've had the babe by now, can't wait to see pics. Good luck with sleeping!