Monday, September 22, 2008

Instant Family of Seven

This last week, Ty and I took our girls up to my sister's house and babysat their three boys while they took their baby and went to Lake Powell with some friends. It was a little crazy, but we made it through, 15 loads of laundry, and 25 bowls of cereal later. There were a few times that I felt like I was in the scene of a Nanny 911 episode, like when Max(8) was at school and all three kids Henry(4), Charlie(3), and Madelyn(2) were all swinging and crying because I couldn't be pushing them all at the same time. I also was wearing Audrey(2 mo.) in the Baby Bjorn at the time trying to push them and calm them down...crazy! Anyway, it made me realize how much we need a son someday for Ty's sake, but yet how grateful I am for my IUD for now!
Miniature golfing at Mulligan's...yes everyone was staring at us like wow, that couple is crazy, they have 5 kids, and 4 are 4 and under.
Charlie golfing or in other words, Charlie running around the golf course swinging a putter at everything in sight and throwing everyone's balls off the green and in the water.
Madelyn caring more about the sunglasses, than where her putter or ball were. By the way she asked for the pink ball, and then when we would help her put, she would take her ball from where she hit it, put it two inches from the hole and then hit it in. She also would say after everyone hit their ball in the hole. "You did it Max! You did it Henry! You did it Mommy!..." and so on. We let about 5 other groups pass us up and go ahead of us, because each hole took about 15 minutes, it got a little crazy. By the end, Ty and I were very ready to go home.
All the kids eating cereal one morning.
Max came home from school on Friday and said, "My teacher taught us how to make smores in the microwave.", which I thought was a little wierd, but we decided to try them so here's Madelyn eating her microwaved smore.
Thanks boys for the fun week!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

WOW!!!! you made it! i tried calling you the other day, but i didn't know if you got a new phone yet or not. i'll call you soon!

Marissa and Family said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend. Looks like you had fun though. I love Madelyn's sunglasses. P.S. Happy Birthday Madelyn!!!