Thursday, September 25, 2008

Madelyn's Two!

Happy Birthday Madelyn! She turned 2 on Sunday and we had a fun, yet casual day. We decided that since we did a big party for her 1st birthday that we would just keep it simple this year by having cake and ice cream after Sunday dinner at my parents. However this year I did want to get her a kitchen for her birthday because when we go somewhere that has a play kitchen that's all she wants to play with. I have been shopping online for the last month and the one that I liked just happened to come to Costco last week for a lot less than I found it online for, and most online stores were back ordered until late November anyway. We let her open it Sunday morning and it took Ty awhile to put it together. She loves it. Grandma Wilkins gave her some dishes and some play food to go with her kitchen. She is always telling me now that she wants to "cook some food." This morning she brought us all cupcakes in bowls in bed and said, "Mommy here's your breakfast. Daddy here's your breakfast. Baby Audrey here's your breakfast."
Here are a few photos from her birthday.

I also took her to her two-year well checkup and she now weighs 26 lbs. and is 33 1/2 in. tall. She is in the 50th percentile straight across. Her doctor said that she is talking well beyond the average 2 yr. old and seems to be doing great. He commented how enjoyable the visit with her was compared to most toddler checkups. He told me not to worry about her still sucking her "paci" when she sleeps, which was reassuring since I am worried about it. When he walked out she said, "Dr. Stampfl went ba-bye mom." Madelyn, mom and dad love you and we look forward to another year of laughter and joys!

9 comments:

Valerie said...

the girls looks so adorbale in those outfits!!!

Myranda, Shaun and Anna said...

Such a cute kitchen, I love it. The girls outfits turned out really cute on them. I can't believe you let Maddie eat a cupcake in it. Anna would have been wearing the whole cupcake.

Marissa and Family said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! That is an adorable kitchen. How fun! Did you make that flower cake? It's so cute. Your girls look darling in their Gymboree outfits. Audrey looks different every time I see her. What a cutie!

Liz said...

She's growing up so quickly! Give her a belated happy birthday hug from the Peterson crew. She's so stinkin' cute, and that kitchen is pretty dang cute, too. Would you care if Alexa got the same one?

Hilary said...

She's really not 2 is she!?!? Wow! She sure is a QT. I saw that kitchen at Costco and wanted to get it for my boys. Zac would kill me! That is a sweet Birthday present!

Jami and Family said...

HAppy birthday Maddy! Yome flies I can't believe she is already 2!!I love the kitchen it is so cute!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my HAppy Birthday Maddy! I love that kitchen ,that is so cute!!! You say you got it at Costco?

The Airharts said...

That kitchen is so stinkin cute! I want to get hadley one so bad now!

Sblogger said...

Your kids are so cute. Thanks for the link to your blog. Hey, have you liked that kitchen you gave Madelyn for her b-day? I got it for Anna for Christmas. My friend got a kitchen that her kids won't even play with so I started worrying after that.