Thursday, March 5, 2009

CoNsIgNmEnT SaLe...Coming Soon!

Here is some info on my favorite consignment sale that I go to at the Hilltop United Methodist Church in Sandy (985 E. 10600 S.) I actually sold about 34 items last fall and made a quick $90 by just getting rid of a few things I didn't need rather than dropping them off at the D.I. It is twice a year and it's coming up soon, and if you have young kids and want a good deal on clothes, toys, strollers, baby gear, etc or want to sell some things, I highly recommend it. If your interested, here's their advertisement from their newsletter:

Calling All Sellers! Spring UMW Children’s & Maternity Consignment Sale to be held April 17-18. The sale accepts gently used, quality spring & summer items such as: clothing, strollers, toys, books, DVDs, bikes, cribs, outdoor toys and much more. New this year—seller packets will be available on the church website (www.hilltopumchurch.org) March 23rd. Sellers keep 70% of the selling price. The remaining 30% is used by UMW for local, national and international mission work.

Calling All Volunteers! Volunteers make the sale a success. Volunteer sign-ups will be available on the bulletin board March 23rd. All volunteer shifts are 3 hours and earn you one ticket per shift to the private pre-sale on Thursday, April 16th. Volunteer Opportunities:
· Floor/Security – Thursday p.m., Friday or Saturday
· Tagging/Seller Check-out – Thursday p.m., Friday or Saturday
· Breakdown – Sat. – 2-6 p.m.
For more information , contact Gygi at 619-7035.
If you have more questions you can leave a comment or call me and I'd be happy to answer them. I can't wait, this sale is one of my highlights throughout the year. I just get so excited when I come home with so many fabulous things for such a good deal. Happy consigning!

5 comments:

Jami and Family said...

Jen thanks for the info! I was glad to talk to you about what to do with all my double sets of clothes and this will be perfect! I will start going through everything to see what I can come up with!

Hilary said...

are you going to volunteer again? I'd like to but I don't want to do it by myself!
thanks for the post! I love that sale! Some of my boys fav. toys came from there

Liz said...

Okay, I think it's high time I get on board with this sale from all the rave reviews I've heard. Should I volunteer, too? I'm even going to go through my stuff and see about selling.

Liz said...

P.S. Went to Walgreen's in Lehi and they were cleaned out. Any luck in Sandy?

The Burtons said...

Cool, thanks for the info. Too bad I just got rid of tons of stuff unpacking.