Monday, April 27, 2009

From Father to Son



Yesterday my whole family went to my parents' sacrament meeting because my dad was being released as Bishop and my mom and dad would be speaking and sharing their testimonies. We went to support them and have dinner together afterwards. The Stake President got up and released my dad and then called the new Bishop along with his new counselors. They read my brother's name "Justin R. Wilkins as 1st Counselor". We all just looAdd Imageked at eachother in shock. My brother and his wife moved back from Arizona 9 months ago so that my brother could work on his PhD at the University of Utah. They moved into his wife's parents house while her parents went on an 18 month mission to Fiji, which is actually in my parent's ward as well. They plan to be there for another year and then my parents are going to Arizona for two years to build another temple and then they'll move in to their house while they're gone to finish the last little bit of Justin's school. So...one gets released and the other gets called. Out of myself and my three siblings, now 3 out of 4 men are 1st counselor in their Bishoprics. Kind of crazy! Congratulations Justin and good luck Amber!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

sounds like you have some righteous men in your family! Crazy how that works.

Amber said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes Jen! I'm sure I'll need it! We're excited and nervous and overwhelmed all at the same time. Be thinking of "how to survive the kids at church" advice for me! Yikes! :)