Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lagoon Trip

Last Friday it was our Stake Lagoon Day. We took the girls and some friends, the Peterson's with us. We just used the free entrance pass and the free ride tickets on the stake pass. The girls had a blast. We rode the merry-go-round, which Audrey cried when we took her off, and then had dinner in Pioneer Village. I had memories of seeing the smokey corn on the cob that was barbecued and always wishing I could have some, so that's what we searched for. Instead my childhood memories had sadly turned into a dried out, machine-smoked piece of corn, prepared by some high school boys getting by on the Lagoon summer job paying minimum wage, which then Ty shaved off the cob with a knife so that the girls could eat it easier, disappointment. Then we rode the train, and had some ice cream, which the girls loved, hence the photo below. Liz and I kept watching the Sky Coaster thinking that it looked a little crazy and fun, so we decided to go for it and ride that baby. While we waited in line, Ty took Madelyn on the Tilt-A-Whirl, and they giggled the whole time. Once we got suited up, I motioned for Ty to take our picture and then Madelyn noticed me and started freaking out. She then cried the entire time that I was on the ride until I was holding her in my arms again. She thought that I had signed up for the death sentence...poor girl. At least I know that she loves me that much! The ride was really fun. Enjoy the video...
Before we left. We paid for a few ride tickets (2 for $1) and let Madelyn ride the kiddie bumper cars, which she kept begging for. She loved them, and was actually pretty good at it. Overall, we had a great time and Madelyn still can't stop talking about it. Thanks Peterson's for a great night!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

you & liz are CRAZY!!!

Liz said...

It was crazy fun!

Marissa and Family said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to go this year!