Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me.

So it's been a really long time since I blogged, life has been crazy! Well almost a month ago I celebrated my 29th birthday. It was a great few days actually. On Thursday morning of my actual birthday, my cute friend Kim brought over these delicious gourmet cupcakes from Beyond Glazed. Then Madelyn had a mini dance recital and so Ty and I went and watched her dance. It was pretty hilarious, although cute. Then the girls and I went downtown and met my sisters and their kids for lunch at the Gateway and then headed to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum. We had a great time! My sister, Kim also bought a 6 month pass for her family and got an additional card for free, so now I have a pass too! Next, my sister, Kristen paid for me to go and get "Sparkle Toes". I chose the color "pink cadillac" and almost a month later they're still on and looking good. They're great! Thanks Kris! We headed home and because Ty had bishopric meetings we decided we would go out on the weekend. So that night while he was at his meetings, I went with my friends Liz and Valerie and their kids to McDonald's in Lehi and got ice cream while the kids played in the new musical playland. All day I received phone calls and cards in the mail, treats from friends and family, and nice gestures from so many people that I love. It was a great day!

Then on Saturday, which was when Ty and I celebrated, he let me sleep in, made me breakfast in bed, and then we headed to the Lehi Roundup Parade. The girls loved it! It was really a lot of fun. They fell asleep on the way home and so we put them down for naps and napped ourselves. That night, we dropped the kids off at my parents' house and he had made reservations at Macaroni Grill, our favorite restaurant. Then we got in the minivan to drive over to the mall to do some shopping and all of the sudden I hear our wedding video music playing. I was confused. He parked and told me to get in the back seat. Our wedding video was playing in the DVD player. He had contacted the original videographer of our wedding and gotten our wedding video put on DVD, then also got all the original raw footage and everything on an external hard drive. That way we will always have a copy and we can even edit it ourselves or add things onto it. It was something I had wanted to do for a long time, because the only copy I had was on VHS. We then shopped in Fashion Place, Old Navy, and Target. We also picked up a slice of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. After Ty had had all the shopping he could handle, we decided it was time to go get the kids. So we came home, put the kids in their beds, and watched our wedding video while we ate cheesecake. It was a fun night! Happy Birthday to Me!



The yummy cupcakes from Beyond Glazed from Kim Shirley.
Madelyn and I at her mini dance recital.

The darling cupcakes that my sister-in-law Jill brought from Dear Lizzy's Boutique. They were really yummy too!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Have you been to Dear Lizzy? I've never been and I want to go see what all the fuss is about!