Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No Hands in Our Poop!

Madelyn went pee on the potty for the first time today! It was pretty funny when she started to go, she was so surprised and thrilled that she was actually going because she's sat on the potty many times and nothing has ever come out. I let her pick a treat and call Daddy and Grandma to brag about the news. It was a good thing that came out of what started out as a bad thing. She came to me about an hour before and said, "Mom, I went poop in my diaper." So I said, "Okay, Madelyn let's go change it." Then she said, "No, it's on my hands." as she showed me her hands, and sure enough, or should I say gross enough, it was. So I began freaking out and took her upstairs to clean her off, when I found the evidence...toilet paper and Audrey's hooded towel with smeared poop all over them. When she went, she got some toilet paper and tried to wipe her bum by sticking it down her diaper, it got on her hands, so then she tried to wipe it off on the towel. So I lectured her about how we don't put our hands in our poop and we wait for Mom to wipe our bum. Then I threw her in the tub. After the tub, I said, "So what did you learn today?" and she said, "No hands in our poop." Then I explained to her about wiping when your on the toilet and we tried sitting down on the potty, and success, so we'll see where it goes from here. Hopefully she will remember, no hands in our poop!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

lol and YUCK! Oh the joys of motherhood. Hows audrey doing?

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my! That is hilarious, she is so darn cute. Good for her for trying and successfully going #1 on the potty. Your a good mom Jen.

Marissa and Family said...

Ah! Don't you just love potty training?? We are in the thick of it right now. Good luck!!

Valerie said...

that is too funny!!!

Liz said...

LOL

Shandi Brown said...

Good luck. I LOVE the birthday cake!!! The kitchen set is also adorable!

Wendy said...

Oh Jen! That is hilarious and disgusting at the same time. I hope she continues to use the potty! Good luck!